The research and documentary scholarships for foreign cultural journalists consist in the financial support of a one-month documentation period in Romania to carry out projects aimed at promoting the Romanian cultural phenomenon in the foreign press. Thus, ICR grants scholarships to foreign journalists who propose working projects reflecting different aspects of Romanian culture. The number of scholarships awarded annually consists of 3 (three) distributed scholarships, depending on the period agreed with the winning nominated journalists, for a period chosen by the end of the calendar year.
They will carry out their documentary period during a month spent in the areas covered by their topic.
Number of annually granted scholarships: 3 (three)
Duration of scholarships: one month.
Areas for which evaluation and selection are organized: cultural journalism / documentary film-photo reportage
Deadline for submission of files: June 15, 2020
Granted amounts: 2 500 euro/scholarship
Documents required for enrolment (the scholarship application file):
- enrolment form;
- copy of the ID document/passport;
- description of the research project, which will consist of three pages minimum (MS Office) – taking into account the steps that the research will follow, the spaces which the candidate envisages, the need to carry out this research in Romania;
- a portfolio containing articles/recordings of shows;
- DVDs containing documentaries, recordings of interviews, CDs containing audio format shows;
- a total of 20 photographs, alongside photo albums which show the interest of the candidate in this area;
- a letter of recommendation from the management of the paper / radio station/ TV/ association where the applicant is active or was active;
- intent letter (in a language of international circulation).
The documentation will be drafted in English.