Due to insufficient number
application files, the deadline will be extinded to 28th April 2017.
The aim of this program is promoting the Romanian cultural phenomenon in the foreign media. Therefore, the Romanian Cultural Institute awards grants to foreign cultural journalists who submit working projects dealing with the vast and rich area represented by the Romanian culture. Candidates, whose portfolio evidences their constant preoccupation with the Romanian culture, have priority.
Deadline for submitting the applications: April 7th, 2017
Grant's value: 1 500 euro/grant. ICR awards 5 such grants.
Length of the grant: one month
The fields for which the evaluation and selection is performed: cultural journalism (documentary work/photo reports/photography/short documentary movies/radio work etc.)
Required application papers:
- Application form;
- a copy of the passport or the identity card;
- project's description, written in English, that will contain around 3 p. written in MS Office (TNR, 12 p, single-spaced);
- articles (translated into English or Romanian)/broadcasts portfolio;
- DVDs containing short-movies, relevant footage in what concerns prior interest in Romania, documentaries (the materials should contain the copyright information);
- Audio CDs containing relevant radio programs, if the candidate considers these elements essential in the evaluation of their experience in the field;
- a number of 20 photographs or a photo album certifying the relevance of the activity of the candidate;
- a reference letter from the management of the publication/radio/TV station/Association or from a professor/collaborator in the case of freelancers that would point out the merits of the candidate.
- a letter of intent (in English language)
The address for submitting the documents:
Institutul Cultural Român, Aleea Alexandru nr. 38, sector 1, Bucureşti, 011 824, Romania.